The North Face “venture” jacket in “glo pink” (comes in NINE colors!)
black capris (most comfortable workout pants I own)
Let’s discuss the outfit first and then get into the workout details, shall we? First off, I love love love going for morning walks and runs but sometimes in the spring it can still be in the 30s and 40s in the mornings… that’s why this North Face jacket has been a life saver! Not only do I love the bright pink color but it’s surprisingly warm for being so lightweight. It also repels water so I use it as a rain jacket even when I’m not working out (it looks really cute with jeans!). You can check out the entire North Face collection at Nordstrom here. (Side note – I also found these workout pants at Nordstrom and I’ve been obsessed with them ever since! They are the most. comfortable. pants. ever.)
SHOP THE POST:
MY NORTH FACE PICKS:
I receive a lot of questions about my workout routine so I’m going to share some of my favorite workouts with you today. Honestly, I’ve been really bad about working out for the past two months because of traveling during the week/weekend and trying to prepare for a move. So instead of a “set” workout schedule, I’ve just been fitting workouts in where I can, and some of them are super random!
In general I try to do cardio three times a week and do weights or focus on a specific body part on the other days.
Favorite cardio workouts:
– Really long walks (yes this is a workout because it increases your heart rate! I love going on walks for about an hour in the morning or afternoon)
– Cardio classes: I love going to Jazzercise, zumba, kickboxing and a class called “cardio funk” at the YMCA. I LOVE to dance, so any cardio class that involves good music and dancing is a must for me. I always imagine I’m in a music video or something and it makes it more fun haha!
– Treadmill: If I’m pressed for time, I usually do an HIIT workout on the treadmill for 20 minutes (HIIT stands for high intensity interval training). I’ll usually walk at a slow speed to warm up for about 5 minutes, then I’ll run for 2 minutes, walk for 1 minutes, run for 2 minutes, walk for 1 minute – each time increasing the speed of my run. I only do this for about 20 minutes and it’s tough but really effective!
I also try to get in as much physical activity as I can – I’ve been taking the stairs in my apartment building instead of the elevator, sometimes I park far away from the grocery store on purpose so I have to walk longer, etc. Any little thing helps especially if you can’t get to the gym that day!
– This is really weird/random but sometimes before showering I’ll run through this exercise routine: 50 jumping jacks, 5 push-ups, 20 crunches, 20 mountain climbers, 30 second plank. Easy peasy.
– 8 Minute Abs: I have been working out to this video since college… it’s an AWESOME workout for your abs (and I swear it really works) but it’s also really funny because it’s such an old video! Just wait until you see the outfits. “Come on, gang!” I try to do this three times per week.
– 8 Minute Arms: Again, funny, but I really think it works. I lift three pound weights.
I’d love to hear about some of your favorite workouts or workout videos! Now that I’m getting settled in a new apartment and won’t have to travel for a while I’m hoping to get more into a routine.
*Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post