solid gold monogram necklace
Good morning!! If you’re reading this right now, I’m on a plane heading towards somewhere tropical 😉 I love having trips planned that I’m really excited for, and for some reason I think it’s so fun to get organized and pack ahead of time. Today I’m sharing how I pack my carry-on suitcase for a beach trip. These are the hardest kinds of trips to pack for because you have to be a little more strategic about what’s in your carry-on. Several times, the airport has “lost” my checked baggage and it didn’t make it to my destination on time, so I’ve been stuck with just what I’ve packed in my carry-on for a night!
First Aid Beauty caffeine face wipes
Obviously my suitcase doesn’t look as “neat” when it’s actually packed up, but here’s what I have packed in the left side:
– Extra underwear and a change of clothes
– Pajamas (I sleep in shorts and a tee so this doesn’t take up much room!)
– Comfortable shoes
– lightweight scarf (for the plane or whenever you’re cold)
– A bathing suit so you can head straight to the pool
– Noise-cancelling headphones for the plane
– First Aid Beauty caffeine face wipes (I love these first thing in the morning or on long flights to help my skin wake up!)
– A zip-lock bag with some travel-sized essentials: contact solution, sunscreen, lip balm with SPF
– phone and computer chargers
– any travel documents or medication you need, as well as the physical address where you’re staying (you’ll need it to fill out customs forms!)
The right side of my suitcase has a zippered closure so I keep all my valuables in this side! If I’m traveling with a nice handbag, I’ll put underwear and socks inside to help it keep it’s shape. I also have a jewelry organizer with all my nice jewelry that I keep in this side. It has anti-tarnish lining so you can be confident your jewelry will stay in tip-top shape despite temperature changes!
I also always pack my computer in my carry-on (or purse) and the zippered compartment to the right is the perfect place for snacks. I went to Trader Joe’s and loaded up on Kind Bars, fruit rolls, and my favorite breakfast trail mix before this trip!
If you have any questions let me know in the comments! Stay tuned to snapchat to see where I’m headed today 🙂 xoxo
SHOP THE POST: