A few weeks ago, I was introduced to Starbucks’ Passion Tea Lemonade… and was immediately hooked. This drink is so refreshing and tastes like summer in a glass (er… plastic cup). The only problem? That $4 price tag! I knew there had to be a way to make this drink at home for a lot cheaper – and there is! I actually think my version of Starbucks’ Passion Tea Lemonade tastes better than the real thing, but you’ll have to try it out yourself.
(Pssst. It tastes even better in this monogrammed Swoozies tumbler!)
You only need two ingredients: Tazo Passion Tea and lemonade. You should be able to find the Tazo Passion Tea at any grocery store… I found mine at Target! I like Tazo since it’s the same brand that Starbucks uses. This box carries large tea bags (enough for six pitchers). In fact, the whole box contains 48 servings and is only $5, so right away that’s a ton of money you’re saving.
You will need:
A large pitcher (mine is a 32 oz)
1. Bring fresh water to a boil (enough to fill your pitcher)
2. Pour boiling water over the filterbag in a 32 oz pitcher until it is full
3. Let it steep for five minutes and then remove the bag
4. Refrigerate the pitcher after brewing
5. When ready to serve, fill a glass with half passion tea and half lemonade (or whatever your taste buds desire!)
I love this Minute Maid Light Lemonade because it’s a little more tart than other varieties and tastes amazing when mixed with the passion tea. It also has only 15 calories per 8 ounces, which is great!
Have y’all ever had the Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade? What did you think?