Happy Friday, everyone! I’m so excited to be sharing this hair tutorial today! Read on for the instructions on how to get this look with the InfiniPro by Conair 2-in-1 Stainless Styler.
dress from LuLu*s
I used Conair’s 2-in-1 Stainless Styler to curl my hair for these photos – the curling wand I use on a regular basis is pretty expensive, so Conair’s 2-in-1 Stainless Styler is an amazing alternative (and more affordable!). Plus, you can use it to both straighten and curl your hair, eliminating the need for two different devices. Here’s a link to a short video that shows you how to use it.
Here are the steps I took to creating this hairstyle:
1. Start with dirty hair! Yes, I did not wash my hair before taking these photos – hair that hasn’t been freshly washed will hold a ponytail better. If you need to you can apply some dry shampoo at the roots of your hair (this also helps create some volume!).
2. Curl your hair in layers. I clip up the top sections of my hair and curl the underneath layers with Conair’s 2-in-1 Stainless Styler first, then slowly let down a layer at a time to make sure every piece of hair gets curled.
3. Spray a little bit of hairspray all over – I normally don’t use hairspray, but in this case it will help give your ponytail a little volume and will help the ponytail holder stay in place.
4. Using a thin elastic (I like these but in brown!), put your hair in a low ponytail. I have to look in the mirror and really play with the ponytail to make it look perfect! I like to put it in a ponytail and use my fingers to create some volume at the top.
5. From the bottom of your ponytail, pull out a few strands of hair (you want it to be about a half inch thick) and then wrap it around the ponytail holder. I use a couple of bobby pins to secure the ends of the hair, and I make sure the bobby pins intersect with the elastic band to keep it in place.
And that’s it! Super easy. This would be the perfect hairstyle for Christmas Day or New Year’s Eve… if anyone tries it out, please tag me so I can see! Conair’s 2-in-1 Stainless Styler would also make a great gift – you can pick it up from Target 🙂
Happy weekend, everyone!
SHOP THE POST:
*Thank you to Conair for sponsoring this post