I have been meaning to get together a hair tutorial for ages and ages, so I’m really happy to say that I finally shot one over the weekend! Let me preface this by saying I don’t wash my hair and style it every day – on the days that I do wash it, I use this method to curl my hair, and then I’m pretty set to go for the next three days. So let’s get started!
1. Wash and condition hair – I always comb through my hair with the conditioner in it because it makes it so much easier to detangle! Once I’m out of the shower I either apply TRESemmé’s Make Waves Shine Enhancing Cream or the Make Waves Shaping Gel Cream to my hair. I kind of alternate between the two (I was introduced to both at NYFW this year and fell in love with the products). The TRESemmé Make Waves Shine Enhancing Cream really does make my hair shiny especially when I apply the curling wand, while the TRESemmé Make Waves Shaping Gel Cream provides a lot of hold for my curls.
2. Next I blow dry my hair with this round brush and run through the roots (JUST the roots) with a hair straightener.
3. Next is the fun part – the curling! Start by sectioning off your hair with a large clip.
4. Starting with the bottom section, take a 2-inch piece of hair and wrap it around your curling wand, holding for only about 5 seconds. I use the ISO Beauty 25 mm Curling Wand to curl my hair… it’s very affordable and works amazingly well – I’ve used it for the past year and a half to curl my hair.
5. As you get to the top sections, you can curl smaller sections of hair until your entire head is curled. Here’s an important tip – I hold the curling wand in the opposite hand of the side of hair I’m curling (ok this is confusing!). For instance, if I’m curling my hair on the right side of my head, I would hold the curling wand in the left hand. I think it makes it a lot easier! (See image below)
6. Last step is HAIR SPRAY! I love the TRESemmé Perfectly un(Done) Ultra Brushable Hair Spray because it’s exactly that – brushable. Unlike many hair sprays that make your hair really stiff or sticky, this one allows for movement while also keeping your curls in tact.
Wearing: blue romper // Kendra Scott earrings (on sale!) // MAC liptick in “pink nouveau”
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments. I am thinking about doing a whole post on hair care in general – if you’re interested in that please let me know!
SHOP THE POST:
Thanks to TRESemmé, a product of Unilever, for sponsoring this post!