On another note, I thought it would be fun to share my top five favorite podcasts today. I’m pretty much a podcast-addict. Almost every time I’m in my car, I’m guaranteed to be listening to a podcast – and especially on long car rides. They make the time pass by so quickly, they’re entertaining, they can set your day on a positive note and can teach you so much.
1. Up and Vanished – I have talked about this one before. If you like true crime or if you were a fan of Serial, then you will LOVE this one! It’s about the investigation of Tara Grinstead’s disappearance… what’s so cool about it is that the investigation is happening in real-time and new evidence and clues are revealed in every episode. My friends and I have a group chat about it – it is ADDICTING.
2. Stuff You Should Know – This one is educational, but SO entertaining. In each episode of “Stuff You Should Know,” the two hosts, Chuck and Josh, tackle a difficult topic and explain it in a way that the average person can understand. Not only are they extremely intelligent but they have great personalities – it’s like listening to a couple of your friends! My favorite episodes include “How Public Relations Works” and “How Freak Shows Work” – trust me, they’re amazing.
3. Joyce Meyer – Joyce Meyer is my favorite Christian speaker. She has her own TV show and is the author of several books (which are great), so you may have heard of her before! I love her podcasts in particular because they’re an amazing way to start out your day. The episode are pretty quick – 20 to 30 minutes – so you an easily listen to them on your drive into work or to the gym in the morning. I’ve found that my whole day is better when I listen to her podcasts in the morning. They’re also really good to listen to if you’re having a bad day or struggling with something in particular – God really speaks through her.
4. Tracks to Relax – This one is not one you’d want to listen to in the car! It’s specifically made for helping you fall asleep at night, haha. I sometimes have trouble falling asleep if I’m stressed out or have too much going on, so I’ll put on an episode of Tracks to Relax and it really helps! It’s guided mediation with relaxing music in the background (like the kind you hear when you get a massage).
5. Tell Me Something I Don’t Know – I just started listening to this one – it’s actually a gameshow that’s recorded and produced as a podcast. The thing that’s really neat about this show is that instead of quizzing contestants, it’s the other way around – the contestants are invited to share an interesting piece of knowledge with the audience and are judged on it. I’ve learned the COOLEST stuff from this podcast, it’s journalism that’s disguised in the most entertaining and unexpected way.
Your turn – Tell me your favorite podcasts!