There’s a lot of focus on the negative right now, and I want to focus on just positive things today. Like, the field near my house with wild daisies growing everywhere. Or my beautiful floral minidress from Nordstrom, that happens to be from sustainable clothing brand Reformation. In addition to making GORGEOUS dresses, Reformation puts sustainability at the core of everything they do – from the fabrics they use, to their zero carbon emissions.
To bring even more positivity to your life, I wanted to share some super simple ways that you can add joy to your day!
25 Ways to Add Joy to Your Day
- Go on a long walk outdoors. Remember to breathe deeply.
- Wake up and do a short yoga class.
- Write a thank-you note to yourself.
- Find a piece of jewelry you haven’t worn in a while & wear it! Feels like shopping in your own closet.
- Send yourself a bouquet of your favorite flowers.
- Write down three things that you’re grateful for.
- Bake something that will make your whole house smell good.
- Draw for fun or color in a coloring book.
- Give yourself a mini facial (this tool really helps!).
- Get rid of two items in your physical environment that make you feel negative.
- Do something good for the environment: plant a tree!
- Bite into a piece of fresh fruit.
- Create a list of 10 things you love about your significant other and surprise him/her with the list.
- Wake up in time to catch the sunrise with a cup of coffee.
- Take a hot bath and put on a cozy robe afterward.
- Try a new recipe.
- Write a letter to your grandparents.
- Order yourself a new pretty mug to drink your coffee or tea out of.
- Change your sheets.
- Dance to your favorite song.
- Get your thoughts down on paper.
- Wake up a little earlier to cook a yummy breakfast – cinnamon rolls, anyone?
- Find a nice patch of grass, throw down a blanket and have a picnic.
- Light your favorite candle that you’ve been saving.
If you have more ideas for ways to bring joy to your day, please let us all know in the comments!
*Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post